What can we offer?
- MacBook is provided.
- Premium Medical Insurance.
- 14 days annual leaves.
- Working Monday - Friday.
- Allowance for gym, holiday, Grab services (Transport, Food, etc.) following your level.
- Opportunities for training in others R&D offices in Singapore, Indonesia, China,...
Come join the team that literally serves Grab - the Grab Gateway team. We front hundreds of APIs and process billions of incoming network messages for Grab's customers every day via our gateway systems. As a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily, we are seeking talented engineers to join our platform team!
You specialize in building and maintaining leading edge solutions built on world-class technology stacks that bring our unique on-demand services experience to South-East Asia every day — be it transport, payments, food, or "the awesome things to come". Millions of people will be impacted by your contributions, which is demanding in terms of design and quality but also incredibly rewarding. You will
- build and own Grab's gateway systems connecting mobile devices, web apps and backend services with Grab's service mesh.
- work at Grab's Vietnam headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City, closely integrated with product teams and SRE to help build secure solutions with the right protocol, technology and patterns.
- be at home in a multi-cloud environment and build scalable, zero-downtime network traffic routing and analytics solutions for Grab's "public edge", serving billions of daily requests to Grab customers
The day-to-day activities
- Independently drive projects across teams end to end, from inception to rollout
- Find and troubleshoot issues in Grab's entire infrastructure and code base
- Routinely resolve production incidents
- Implement quality solutions using Go and C++, and maintain the high bar of standards for code reviews and rollout processes. You mentor peers and promote development and operational excellence best practices while achieving excellent user experience
- Work with other engineers and product managers to understand test automation coverage, create, implement, maintain and improve testing approaches for our products and ensure appropriate test coverage across all levels of testing including unit, integration and E2E tests
- Help in driving adoption of best practices in testing
- Help the team to develop rich test ideas, scenarios and experiments that yield an in-depth coverage of systems under test (well above and beyond positive, negative and edge cases)
- You are a habitual problem solver, and naturally assume ownership of your team’s systems and software components. You know how to be responsible for mission-critical systems and
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Have a very good understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP and the internet
- Are an expert in at least one of C, C#, C++, Go, Java, Pascal
- Know how to build highly-available distributed systems
- Have significant industry experience and built several large scale mobile and public APIs
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience working on End to End testing
- Conducting hands on functional, and system Integration testing; report, track and follow up on issues in a timely manner.
- Have experience collaborating with team on test automation scenarios, by pairing, reviewing unit tests and coaching on testing best practices
- HTTP/2 and gRPC expertise, Hands-on experience with Envoy code base
- HTTP/3 exposure
- Dealing with massive concurrency and designing resilient algorithms
- IaaS providers and their limitations (AWS, Google, Microsoft), Terraform experience
- Hands-on experience with large scale Docker / Kubernetes deployments
- Knowledge of automation development processes, methodologies, and complete software development lifecycles.
- Hands-on experience working with test automation tools for visual, UI, API, contract testing using Selenium