Backend Developer (Ruby On Rails/MySQL)
What can we offer?
At Motorist.sg, we believe in work hard, play hard – We take pride in our fun and enjoyable working environment. You will get to work in Vietnam’s first professional large-scale co-working space located right in the heart of Saigon. You’ll also get to travel to Singapore for work-and-learn benefits, seize opportunities to upgrade your skills and futher develop your command in English with fellow colleagues in Singapore. Join us to be part of one of the leading car portals in Singapore!
- We are one of the leading car portals in Singapore (SME company)
- Work in a startup environment with young, smart and driven individuals
- Beautiful co-working space equipped with a library, resting space, indoor garden, bathroom and community bar
- Excellent salary with good benefit.
- Allocate modern working devices: Laptop, Macbook, Second Monitor, Test Phone, etc...
- PVI Health Insurance.
- Compulsory insurance according to Vietnam Labor Law base on gross salary.
- Salary review based on performance yearly.
- Unlimited potential for the career path.
- Free and unlimited coffee, tea, snack, fruit... in office.
- Yearly company trip - Year End Party.
- 12 days annual leaves, increase 1 day every year . Working hours: 7 hours x 5 days/week (Monday to Friday)
- Free language training: English (company-sponsored).
- A chance for you to learn and speak in English with your colleagues in Singapore
- Receive the opportunity to travel to Singapore to work and learn
As we have been expanding quickly, we are currently looking for Junior/Mid-Senior/Senior Back-End Developers to join our growing technical team in Vietnam.
- Design and implement reusable, testable, and efficient back-end features using Restful APIs, Microservices in Ruby on Rails (sometimes do DevOps to deploy to staging/production) that can handle a crazy amount of traffic
- Analyze requirements, design and develop functionalities based on the product requirements
- Collaborating with the web developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Integrate various frameworks and automations tools to support business and marketing teams
- Conduct code refactoring, optimization, building reusable components for future use
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability and security
- Understand the product thoroughly, constantly optimize the product, identify and fix problems, improve stability and user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
2. Technical experiences
2.1 Must have
- At least 1 year experience in back-end development with Ruby on Rails (or PHP/NodeJS).
- Motivation to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience with MySQL, AWS, Capistrano, Sidekiq and Rspec, Redis
- Knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS protocol, RESTful data structures, Microservices, and JSON format
- In-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals (OOP, data structures and algorithms, cloud, operating systems, networks, web sockets, databases, caching, search engines, etc)
- Familiar with Linux development environments and multi-threaded programming
- Could read English documents and communicate via chat/texting
2.2 Nice to have
- Experience in front-end development
- Experience with DevOps automation tools, CI/CD
- Have good native mobile frontend development experience in iOS and Android
- Have a good UI sense.
- Experience with server less and micro-service architecture
- Attention to detail. Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience being a technical lead or leading a group of developers
- Enjoy working on challenging solutions and systems
- Believe that building great applications is not only about delivering code that “works”, but involves thinking about reusability, maintainability, security and performance
- Good teamwork and reliability
3. Flexible Points
We welcome the engineers:
- who want to learn Ruby on Rails/or switch from other coding languages to Ruby
- who are not good at speaking English but willing to practice and improve
4. NOTICE: CANDIDATES HAVE TO PROVIDE REFERENCE INFORMATION AFTER PASSING INTERVIEW ROUND.